We are currently recruiting for a Senior Architect to join an established practice based in Slough. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Architect to manage projects for the design of new buildings and spaces around them, the Senior Architect will also be involved in the restoration and conservation of old buildings and developing new ways of using existing buildings. This role requires an individual to be involved in Construction projects from the earliest stages right through to completion. The Architect will be working under the direction of a partner but will be required to have minimal supervision and have the ability to work alone.
The Senior Architect will have to face clients on a daily basis and offer advice particularly on the practicality of their project, whilst liaising with clients to establish excellent working relationships. The Architect should be registered with ARB (Architect with at least 2 years post part 3 experience) and have excellent knowledge of InDesign, AutoCAD and Sketch up.
Senior Architect Position Overview
- assessing sites and preparing feasibility proposals.
- preparing detailed design proposals using computer-aided design (AutoCAD to show usage of space, what the building will look like in its environment and how it will be built.
- presenting the design proposals to clients.
- preparing planning applications and presentations.
- Once the designs have been approved, produce or co-ordinate the production of detailed drawings
Senior Architect Position Requirements
- registered with the Architects Registration Board (architect with at least two years post part 3 experience.
- good drawing skills, with the ability to work in three dimensions (3D).
- have reasonable mathematical skills to at least A-level standard.
- be computer literate in Word and Excel.
- use IT in design and project management, specifically using software packages such as Revit/ AutoCAD and Google Sketch Up.
- working knowledge of Photoshop/ InDesign or similar.
- understand and having a knowledge of the legislation relevant to the construction industry and to specific building types when required.
- have good knowledge of the UK planning application process and UK Building Regulations.
- maintain their membership of professional bodies with continuing professional development.
Senior Architect Position Remuneration
- Salary: £45,000
- Opportunity to progress within the company.
- Other company benefits to be discussed at interview.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job