We are seeking to recruit an Architect trained Development / Project Manager. You will be responsible for carrying out detailed financial assessments of potential sites, through to developing the designs for planning, tender and, managing projects on site. The project work is all highly bespoke architectural designs, typically 3-10 units. They tend to be extremely complex, with multiple, simultaneous issues that need to be managed using detailed BIM modelling and, good project management. Experience in these fields, as well as all manner of legal and, contract negotiations, is important.
You will work alongside in-house architects but you will need detailed architectural training in design and contract law, as well as project management. You will be expected to hire and manage consultant teams, and be responsible for budget management.
At construction stage, you will be responsible for obtaining prices for sub-contractor packages of work and managing the delivery of these on site, on budget. We are predominantly using custom made, pre-fabricated timber frame kits and we are moving to in-house CNC production and complete pre-fabricated modular design. Therefore, experience in these construction methods is essential. We are also investing in imports from overseas and therefore detailed knowledge of overseas languages with sufficient expertise to negotiate overseas contracts is required.Responsibilities
- Architectural feasibility and capacity studies
- Massing studies, site planning
- Local area valuations and cost assessment
- Development appraisals to assist site purchase and / or bank finance
- Management of design development for pre-fabrication
- General Arrangement Drawings and schedules for specification
- Tendering and contracting pre-fabrication and off-site joinery companies
- Building relationships with new and main suppliers
- Expand and formalize contractual relationship with overseas suppliers, particularly in emerging European markets
- High level degree in Architecture
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of construction projects from start to completion
- Architectural Drawings including the use of BIM software, ideally to level 2
- Detailed cost planning using Excel software
- Project planning using Gantt software, such as MS Project, Excel
- Ability to handle and adjust to a variety of concurrent activities, judge priorities and organize work effectively under limited supervision.
- Effective organisational skills and ability to manage complex projects.
- Extensive experience with timber-frame construction
- Ability to act on own initiative and take ownership of projects and tasks through to successful completion.
- Dedication, enthusiasm and focus
- Architectural Design
- Contract Law
- Project Management
- Overseas Contracting
- BIM level 2
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job