Do you speak Arabic and are interested in supporting special needs?
Are you available for full time work?
Can you commit to travelling to Northolt for work each day?
A primary and secondary school for children with special needs in Northolt require an Arabic speaking Learning Support Assistants for an immediate full time role supporting a new KS3 student with profound health, medical needs including blindness.
The school caters for pupils with complex needs, severe learning difficulties, mild to severe autism and challenging behaviours, with classes holding up to 10 students, a teacher and up to 3 other Teaching Assistants.
The school are looking for Teaching Assistants who are:
- Committed to the enrichment and development of children and young people with special needs
- Experienced supporting special needs particularly visual impairment and/or profound needs
- Able to motivate SEN pupils to fulfil their full potential in education and in society
- Able to support with personal care and moving and handling
- Able to be a role model to pupils and enable them to make appropriate choices
- Safeguarding trained or happy to complete safeguarding training
Successful Candidates must be able to:
- Speak Arabic
- Support children with special needs particularly visual impairment and/or profound needs
- Work long term and full-time Monday to Fridays 8:40 - 4:30 (average hours) during school term time
- Prove that they are safeguarding trained or be happy to complete safeguarding trained
- Prove that they hold a valid child DBS registered on the update service or be happy to apply for a child only DBS through Teaching Personnel
If you would like to work as a SEN Teaching Assistant at this school in Northolt send your updated CV and cover letter to the email address provided.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job