An establish client of mine within the logistics industry is looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller to assist in managing the accounts department including day to day operations of the Accounts Receivables function and the Credit control function. You will oversee the monitoring and supervision of staff holidays as well as dealing with confidential matters. The job titke may well say Assistant Financial Controller but this is the next step up from a Senior Assistant Accountant with at least a 5 years plus service in their last role and now seeking that next career move.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:-
• Ensure that the Budget is adhered to with the Assistance of the Financial Director
• Monthly Bank Reconciliations
• Monthly VAT Returns and Quarterly VAT Turnover Reconciliation
• Month End procedures & preparing Management Accounts
• Liaison of Year End Accounts with Accountants
• Processing the Company Credit Card Statements
• Dealing with the Petty Cash & ensuring it balances each month
Accounts Payable duties
• Assist the Purchase Ledger Clerk with the fulfillment of their tasks, with special attention to IATA Cass, HM Revenue & Customs.
• Data input to Sage and other in house system
• Arranging payments by various methods via HSBCNet or HSBC Business Internet Banking or other means of payment that may by required
• Monitoring USD & EUR movements, ensuring we make provision for payments to Overseas Agents (Multi currency experience)
• Foreign Accounts reconciliations
• Assisting in the Quarterly Accruals review and postings
• Assisting in the reconciliation of the HMRC Duty/VAT Accounts
Accounts Receivables duties:
• Deal with all Accounts Receivable matters including Credit Control.
Ensuring all Sales invoices are transferred from in house system to Sage line 50. That UK and Foreign Sales Statements of Account are sent out by the 5th of the following month.
• Monitoring of the COD Account that it is kept within agreed limits
• Cash Receipts including cheques are handled in a prompt & efficient manner.
• Foreign Accounts reconciliations
• Process Credit Applications for prospective customers using Experian for credit scores
• Continual monitoring of Credit Limits using Experian monitoring tools.
General accounts and admin duties
• Deal with emails in an efficient manner (Target response within 2 hours, even to simply acknowledge receipt and advise matter is being dealt with)
• Maintain staff holiday records and assist in organising annual Staff Outings
• Ensure that the Filing is kept up to date
• Supervise the ordering of Stationery supplies
• Answer phone calls in a polite and efficient manner
• Photocopying, faxing, data input and other office duties
Ideally candidates will have at least 5 years plus experience within an accounting position such as Senior Accounts Assistant, Assistant Finance Manager, Bookkeeper, Management Accountant or Company Accountant and ready to look for the next step up for themselves.
My client is willing to offer study support and happy to look at part quals ( active studiers of either AAT level3 or above, ACCA or CIMA)
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job