We have a fantastic opportunity for an Aquatic Ecologist to join a leading consultancy for the water sector. Our client specialises in providing sustainable, environmental solutions and has an enviable portfolio of projects to be successfully delivered. Due to this increasing workload we are looking for an Aquatic Ecologist to join their expert team on a permanent staff basis, in the Reading office; delivering environmental and regulatory services for a range of infrastructure projects.
The role of the selected Senior Ecologist will have a number of responsibilities to ensure the successful delivery of major developments, including:
- Providing high level technical advice and input into aquatic ecology investigations including producing and technically reviewing environmental assessments of various activities on aquatic ecology features.
- Liaise with water companies, developers, design engineers, contractors, planners and other regulators to help achieve positive outcomes for projects.
- Producing a range of aquatic ecology assessments including those used in flow and pollution investigations, water framework directive and HRA.
- Provide high quality work within agreed timescales and budgets, while delivering innovative solutions and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Mentoring junior staff and supporting them to progress their professional status.
In order to carry-out given responsibilities effectively, it is essential for applicants to have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Have a degree in a relevant subject such as Ecology, Biology or Zoology.
- Be chartered with a relevant institution such as RSB, CIEEM, IFM or IEMA.
- Previous experience of specifying, planning, risk assessments and conducting safe field surveys in a freshwater environment.
- Be a highly motivated professional with a desire to grow and promote aquatic ecology within a consultancy team.
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team, liaising with clients, statutory authorities and other stakeholders.
- Proficient in using software packages for report writing as well as the use of aquatic ecology analysis software such as RICT and DARLEQ2.
- Knowledge of the UK planning system and environmental planning matters.
- Understanding of river habitat surveys and geomorphology assessments.
- CSCS card holder and protected species licence holder.
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Rebecca Hadaway on or email rebecca.hadaway @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 14153. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'