We have an opportunity for an Apprenticeship Student Tutor to join the team based at both our Chichester campus and Brinsbury campus on a full time permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary of £20,671 - £22,591 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 3 Colleges: one at Chichester, one at Crawley and one at Brinsbury near Pulborough, which is land-based. Through our Colleges we educate and train around 25,000 full and part time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
As our Apprenticeship Student Tutor you will take an active role in the achievement of high individual student attendance and success rates, whilst also engaging with Apprenticeship employers and providing a high level of customer service.
Our Apprenticeship Student Tutor duties and key responsibilities:
- Motivate each individual learner within a caseload and to monitor their progress against their learning goals
- Encourage each student to engage personal evaluation, reflection and target setting, using value added to measure progression (where appropriate)
- To set, in partnership with individual students, course teams and other stakeholders (including, for example, employers, social care and parents) challenging SMART targets to support progression
- Fully utilise College information systems to record, monitor and track learners within a cohort of tutees
- Rigorously track and monitor the attendance of each student within a cohort of tutees across all elements of their programme (including Maths, English and ICT as appropriate) and, where necessary, take action to improve poor individual performance. This will/may include sustained liaison with the student and key stakeholders
- Identify student needs and facilitate access to appropriate services to support achievement, such as additional support, careers advice and the enrichment programme
- Deliver and facilitate group activities which support the development of personal employability/work readiness skills, knowledge and skills related to the College’s Core Values and British Values statement
- Liaise with all involved in a student’s chosen programme of study (including teachers, course leaders and (Deputy) Heads of Learning) to address any concerns and support student success. Where appropriate support employers through site visits and engagement activity
- Comply with the relevant administration procedures and adhere to set deadlines for example individual reviews, UCAS, references and/or new measures of success
- Play a key role within the Student Journey supporting key aspects of College life as appropriate, such as induction and College events and activities
Skills & Experience required of our Apprenticeship Student Tutor:
- Educated to Level 3
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Level 3 Coaching/Mentoring qualification or the willingness to work towards achievement
- Delivering learning advice to students in a 1:1 or group
- Administrative experience
- Understanding of the study needs and options and progression opportunities for post 16 learners
- Mentoring and Coaching skills
- Ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow issues through to conclusion and to meet/exceed targets
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Parental benefits including childcare vouchers
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership
- Other high street discounts plus more.
Closing date: 19 April 2018
Interview date: 11 May 2018
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Apprenticeship Student Tutor, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job