LDN Group is growing and is on the hunt for a number of inspiring Assessors / Learning and Development Specialists who will deliver apprenticeship training to apprentices on several of our pathways. Of particular interest are candidates experienced in one or all of the following: Finance, IT, Project Management, Business Administration and Functional Skills.
LDN Group has grown from a small provider of business administration apprenticeships to become one of London’s most exciting apprenticeship provider for business and tech. Despite our growth, we remain a vibrant and entrepreneurial company and we are constantly looking for new team members who are passionate about nurturing and developing talented young people. We offer industry-relevant apprenticeships that deliver outstanding commercial outcomes for our clients and fantastic opportunities for our apprentices.
We care deeply about our apprentices and the companies that support them and everything we do revolves around improving the experience that they have with us. We constantly strive to live up to our values:
- We do awesome
- We love learning
- We appreciate feedback
- We are resilient
- We are humble
The challenge of this role is to rapidly develop the employability and technical skills that apprentices require to be successful in the workplace and to manage the relationship between the apprentice, the employer and the LDN Group. You’ll need to be highly organised in order to effectively plan your classroom time and to ensure that each of your apprentices receives their monthly workplace visit. Being able to communicate, negotiate and mentor is also critical.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivering classroom training. You will be required to deliver some training in the classroom. Depending on the pathway and qualifications you deliver this could vary from 1 morning per week, to 1 day per month.
- Conducting monthly workplace reviews for your apprentices. Every apprentice has a monthly, 3-hour long training review, during which you’ll need to conduct observations, provide one-to-one support and have a meeting with the line manager and apprentice.
- Developing relationships with line managers. Getting to know and having a strong relationship with an apprentice’s line manager is critical to their success. We need you to develop strong bonds with the people who manage your apprentices from day to day.
- Supporting learners to build up their portfolio. All of our Assessors are responsible for ensuring that their apprentices compile a high-quality portfolio of evidence. You’ll need to assign, assess and give feedback on evidence from all your learners and ensure that they remain on target.
- Attending standardisation and curriculum development meetings. Our curriculum development and standardisation process enables us to stay up to date with current industry trends. We want you to be passionate about your subject, imparting exciting developments in it to your apprentices.
What you’ll bring
- Organised and efficient
- Great attention to detail
- Previous experience as an assessor trainer delivering apprenticeships
- Ability to work both independently & part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective decision making skills
- Great written, verbal and listening communication
- Brilliant organisational and time management skills
- Computer literacy and ability to use administrative systems
- A can-do attitude and not afraid to get your hands dirty!
- A1 Assessor or equivalent qualification
- Windows OS
- Delivery of full Apprenticeship Frameworks
- Occupational competence in Functional Skills
Desirable - Any of the following
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA Server +
- CompTIA Security +
- CompTIA Cloud +
- Microsoft Certified Practitioner (Networking, Security, Cloud, Mobile)
- Linux/Unix certification
- Level 4 IQA Award/Certificate
- Cert Ed or equivalent
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job