Job Description - Apprentice Tax Accountant (Association of Tax Technicians Qualification / ATT)
Job title - Trainee Tax Advisor
Location - Halifax town centre
Salary - £12,000 per annum
Hours - 35 hours per week
Position Type - Permanent
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Tax Accountant to join the Riley & Co team and develop a promising career.
As an apprentice within Riley & Co, you will work alongside an experienced team, get real hands on experience and gain an industry recognised qualification.
In brief the role will comprise:
- Preparation of Income Tax returns for sole traders, directors and high net worth individuals
- Checking and advising on PAYE notices of coding and liaising with HMRC and clients
- Assisting with the preparation of corporation tax returns, P11D’s and VAT returns
- Answering client queries by email and telephone
- Using in house accounting and tax software
- Assisting with administrative duties where required
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to prioritise and plan own workload
- Excellent level of literacy and numeracy
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance record
- 3 A Level (or equivalent) passes at C or above
- 5 GCSE passes, including Maths and English at grade C or above
Riley & Co has been providing the highest quality accountancy, audit and tax planning services for over 30 years and has become one of the leading independent practices within Calderdale.
Our history charts the success we have enjoyed in helping Calderdale businesses and individuals achieve their financial goals and tax objectives.
If you are an articulate, enthusiastic individual and want to be a part of this continued success, please send your CV, together with a covering letter, to Simon Walton (Director).
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Highly Numerate
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job