Do you have a passion for technology? Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Service Desk Apprentice.This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Service Desk Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
- Learning how to provide technical support to marketing channels and activities.
- Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
- Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
- Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors we partner with, to deliver IT support services to our clients.
- Providing help and advice to customers using the company’s products & services
- Efficiently managing the tickets on the system
- Communicating courteously at all times with clients by telephone, email and face to face
- Investigating and solving customer problems on first point of contact where necessary and escalating where needed
- Learning from experienced technicians in order to improve knowledge and skills within IT support, including shadowing other members of the Service Desk.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
About the Company
Our client is an independent IT & Communications Technology company. Their focus is on delivering value-added services that allow their clients to optimise their investment in technology and people. They achieve this by taking the time to understand customers’ unique challenges and objectives before designing and delivering the right, sustainable solution.
Qualifications & Training
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
- To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English, and in three or four other subjects at least. You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
- You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner and will be a team player.
- You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
- You will be flexible, adaptable and possess the abilities to multitask, learn new skills and retain information.
The company are looking for individuals who portray the following competencies:
- Customer Orientation - The ability to recognise both internal and external customers and the willingness to co-operate with them fully in order to help them achieve their objectives.
- Communication - The ability to speak and write so as to be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and style.
- Relationship Building - The ability and willingness to develop the exploit a range of productive relationships both inside and outside the team.
- Adaptability - The ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change.
- Achievement Orientation - The determination to set oneself and meet high standards, exceeding norms and expectations.
- Self Confidence - The ability to make a positive impact and to maintain a credible position with others on an ongoing basis.
You will be enrolled on to the award-winning Microsoft Partner Apprenticeship Programme. You will work towards gaining skills across a variety of technical areas including Cloud Technologies and Network Fundamentals. This will extend also to business processes and project management. You will also have the opportunity to gain some globally recognised Microsoft certifications.
Location = Northampton, NN4
Working Hours = Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Wage = £165 per week, £8580 per annum
We process all applications received and contact candidates ASAP so please keep an eye out for a phone call from one of our team on an 02392 number. If you miss a call, we will send you an email.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"