At Peel Ports we’re already one of the UK’s leading port and logistics companies. However, we’re hungry for more and our team needs people who share our taste for success.
With 12 settings across the UK and a huge menu of career paths, our business offers plentiful opportunities.
We’ve got an appetite for growth and transforming the supply chain to benefit our customers. Much of that depends on our unrivalled facilities and technology. But in our sector, it always boils down to having the right talent. So, if you’ve got something great to bring to the table, then a potential future with Peel Ports should give you food for thought.
Applicants are invited to apply for the above vacancy within the Group IT Department, based at the Port Of Liverpool.
Role Purpose: To provide first line support to the Peel Ports Group user estate, using the required standards, methods and tools as directed.
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Use of the formal call logging system currently in place, and be fully responsible for the quality of the information recording
- Ability to investigate and provide solutions for issues raised from calls to the service desk, from either internal or external sources via telephone or email
- Recognising when a call is not readily resolvable, and how to escalate it both internally and externally
- Produce clear specifications relating to user problems that ensure timely and efficient solutions
- Ability to carry out testing and investigate / report on errors found for escalation
- Demonstrate the initiative to progress to become a key member of the Group IT team
- Being able to make judgement calls on the severity and impact of a variety of incidents and requests
- Using good judgement in order to understand the roles of individuals in the business and the impact of technical issues to them in order to inform prioritisation
Applicants interested in this role should ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent customer service which should be demonstrated at all times
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Experience of working within remote teams across multiple business units
- Use of call / ticket logging systems
- Able to work in a complex IT environment
- 2 years + experience in a fast moving IT department
- 5 GCSE’s grades A-C or equivalent
- Experience in Microsoft applications e.g. MS Windows Server, MS Active Directory and MS Exchange would be advantageous
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'