Mencap has plans to employ lots more people with a Learning Disability over the next few years and our apprenticeship programme is part of this plan.
Do you want to become an apprentice for the leading Learning Disability charity in the UK?
Do you want to receive excellent training to develop your skills whilst you are working and being paid?
Do you want to improve your skills in English and maths?
Do you want to work as a Quality Assistant in one of Mencap`s offices based in Peterborough.
It is important to make sure that an apprenticeship is right for you so we would need to talk to you and look at some of the skills you have already around work, travelling, English and maths. If we think that you would make a good apprentice we would be able to support you to make this a success.
So what would being an apprentice mean to you?
- You will work for 30 hours a week
- You will spend part of this time being trained, off the job
- You will be supported by a job coach to help you do the job
- You will be supported to travel to and from work to begin with, if you need this
- You will be supported to improve your skills in English and maths
- You will work with other people to visit Mencap services and do jobs such as talking to people about the service, checking medication and speaking to the team about your experiences.
- You will also work in an office with other people and do jobs such as typing reports, planning workshops, answering the phone, speaking to customers, photo copying etc
- You will be paid £5.30 per hour, even when you are being trained
If you think that this is the right job for you or if you would like to find out more you can talk to us on the telephone or send us an e mail.
Lead Co-ordinator South (Apprenticeships)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job