Are you someone who thrives on variety & pro-actively takes the initiative to deliver an excellent Customer Service?
Do you thrive on problem solving?
Can you grow your technical skills to manage a broad and constantly evolving range of ICT?
If so then our Apprentice IT Customer Support Engineer role could be just what you are looking for…….
RM Education is the leading provider of IT software & services to the Education sector. In the RM Managed Services team we want to be the ICT support partner for our schools, not just a supplier.
We want to get to know them, their teachers and students. We like to spend time understanding their aims and vision for ICT. Only then can we have a good grasp of how we can best support them and their school. In schools they want ICT to just work, for staff and pupils to be confident that they can easily log on and have swift, safe and reliable access to their files and engaging media rich resources, both inside and out of school.
As a team and individually we all want to deliver the very best for our customers, we believe in doing a really good job and we are proud that what we do has a real impact on education.
As an apprentice, you'll have the challenges of our business plus the support of your colleagues. You will have a real job from day one of starting with RM, whilst continuing your learning with a training provider at a local training centre. Working in a team where you'll get a great insight into how the business works, you'll earn a salary whilst gaining practical work experience within your chosen discipline.
- Maintaining and supporting Microsoft networks - Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, email solutions.
- Maintaining and supporting Apple products - iPads, OSX
- Problem solve and think creatively
- Work effectively with personnel from different teams within the company
- Good customer handling and inter-personal skills, including diagnostic questioning, and the ability to deal with difficult conflict situations
- Ability to cope with change and adapt quickly to a new and developing type of service delivery
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of customer base
- Target focused
- Good time management and punctuality
- Familiar with spreadsheet and word processing packages to enable the production of reports and records
Why Work for RM
- A chance to work in one of the UK's leading employers (certified Top Employer UK for the 11th year running).
- Work with a very broad and constantly evolving array of ICT
- Working within the education IT sector is highly stimulating and hugely rewarding
- RM offers exceptional career development and advancement opportunities
- The role has a high degree of autonomy and combines broad technical exposure as well as the opportunity to develop client relationship management
Working for RM you would be entitled to the following benefits:
- 25 Days Annual Leave (option to buy an extra 5 days)
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Healthcare
The following voluntary benefits are also available:
- Childcare Vouchers
- Voluntary Dental Plan
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
- Voluntary Critical Illness Cover
- Voluntary Health Assessments
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Give As You Earn (GAYE)
- Employee Referral Scheme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job