Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Apprentice – Maintenance Operations
2 years fixed term contract
Starting salary year 1: £9,929 per annum
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
Our award winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
In partnership with our training provider Stephensons College – one of the country’s top colleges in this field - We are offering a two year Apprenticeship in Maintenance Operations. You will be provided with first rate training leading to an NVQ / QCF Level 2 nationally recognised qualification, while at the same time working to make life better for our tenants and customers.
The role of Apprentice will include:
- Building a broad range of knowledge and skills over the course of 2 years
- Learning 3 core trades - from painting and plastering to plumbing and carpentry
- Ensuring our properties remain in good condition
- Building the customer service skills needed to build a career in the industry
- The opportunity to be in a good position to apply for roles within our Maintenance business stream at the end of the course.
Skills and experiences:
- A keen interest in learning different trades
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Good practical skills
- Enjoy getting stuck in to physically demanding work
- Have plenty of initiative and be ready to step forward with your own ideas
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including critical illness scheme
- A variety of on line discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 22 August 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"