As an Apprentice Engineer you will service and repair the full range of hire equipment and products; maintaining the quality, safety, reliability and availability of hire stock in a cost effective manner whilst working towards obtaining a NVQ Level 3 in Plant Maintenance.
Your Level 3 apprenticeship will last for 1 year, in addition to your 2 previous years undertaken via your NVQ Level 2. You will attend the Reasheath College based in Cheshire for block release periods of 4 weeks, and receive on-the-job training within the depot/branch when not attending college.
- Promote teamwork between colleagues across all HSS locations, to ensure delivery of an effective workshop performance.
- Routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products under the guidance of the Regional Engineering Manager or mentor.
- Liaise with the Regional Engineering Manager when spare parts are required to ensure cost effective repairs
- Liaise with Regional Engineering Manager to estimate and advise on equipment repair costs also providing recommendations regarding write off, damage and recharge to customers
- Carry out refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary
Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto Spanner and daily worksheets are populated
- Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work
- Complete statutory inspections when required under the supervision of the Workshop Manager or Mentor.
- Adhere to damage process, ensure product damage is highlighted
- Represent the company and values ("HSSness") of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front.
- Ensure workshops and products / equipment are maintained to our 360? brand.
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required
- Manual handling awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment
- Experience working in a similar industry
Equality and Diversity
- HSS Hire is committed to equality of opportunity
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"