Be seen in green and unlock your full potential by joining our extraordinary and diverse workforce. We are looking for enthusiastic, caring individuals that share our vision and values and join EEAST on an Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician training programme.
This exciting new role allows you to deliver clinical excellence, improve patient outcomes, and provide a positive patient experience.
Following an initial classroom based course, as an Apprentice Emergency Medical Technician you will continue your apprenticeship and learning whilst out on the road responding to emergency calls as a valued member of the Trust’s frontline team.
If you are highly motivated, passionate and caring and want to be part of an innovative, responsive service this new role is for you. You will be supported through a full internal training programme and provided with ongoing support in your operational role. You will receive a salary allowing you to earn as you learn.
The duration of the apprenticeship 12-18 months, those that successfully complete the course will then automatically be eligible to continue in a qualified Emergency Medical Technician role with the Trust.
Successful candidates will:
- Have English and Maths GCSE Grade C (or above) or a pass in Functional Skills Level 2 qualification.
- Have a full UK manual driving licence with a minimum of 1 years driving experience (maximum of 3 penalty points for minor motoring offences only)
- Your own transport to attend training and work
- Demonstrate experience in dealing with a range of age and social groups
- Understanding of compassion, respect and dignity through patient centered care
- Dedication, motivation and drive ensuring you take ownership of your own learning.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to upholding EEAST Values of Care, Teamwork, Quality, Respect & Honesty.
- Successful applicants are required to hold a full C1 licence prior to starting this course.
For Internal Candidates: Please note, if you are currently undertaking an apprenticeship course with the Trust, you will not be able to enrol onto this AEMT apprenticeship scheme.
Being prepared for the recruitment and training process:
A detailed outline of recruitment process, assessment centres, pre-employment checks and training programme are listed within the additional supporting information. It is important that all candidates thoroughly read this document.
Applicants are advised that EEAST adheres to the recommendations of the Department of Health Medical Advisory Panel relating to health standards for frontline emergency response roles. Please refer to DVLA Assessing fitness to drive – a guide for medical professionals, for detailed information.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'