Location: Midlands - Rugby
Salary: £8.50 p/h plus overtime & night rates increasing on completion of apprenticeship
Hours of work: 40 hours, 5 days per week
Summary of the Apprentice Driver / Operator:
On the back of continued commercial success across the Industrial Services Division, our client is now looking recruit Apprentice Driver/operators based out of our Rugby depot. This will be a mobile role and there is potential for the work to involve some travel away from home for which they provide hotel accommodation and a meal allowance.
You will be enrolled onto a formal apprenticeship to study the theory and practicalities of driving a rigid large goods vehicle over the course of twelve months.
In addition you will receive on job training in the operation of various industrial cleaning tasks including tank cleaning, site clearance and spill response. Their Industrial Services Operatives are all specially trained to work in confined spaces, on cement plants & operating mobile plant & high pressure water jetting equipment.
To apply for the role of Apprentice Driver/Operator you must have a car (Cat B) driving licence valid for the UK, a CCNSG qualification or equivalent, be hard-working and not afraid of working outdoors or in confined spaces. Due to the hazards of working in such environments we have a strict safety policy and you must be the sort of person who will contribute to our safety culture. You will be working on customer sites and you need to be a good ambassador for the company ensuring the customer experience is a positive one.
Requirements of the Apprentice Driver/Operator:
- Safety and Risk Awareness training CSCS or CCNSG Safety Passport type course (or in house company training on safety)
- Full UK driving licence
- Site work experience either in heavy process plants, power, manufacturing, quarrying or construction
- Reliable, honest, team player
- Good communication and listening skills
- Positive, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Forklift, telehandler, dumper, skid steer and or MEWP certification.
- Knowledge of safety systems, working to risk assessments and method statements.
- A number of months of site or plant work- carrying out manual or plant driving type tasks.
- Experience of operating industrial cleaning equipment or similar large machinery.
Benefits of becoming the Apprentice Driver/Operator:
- 20 days holiday P/A plus 8 bank holidays
- Company pension
- Company bonus scheme.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Apprentice Driver/Operator role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job