Apprentice Chef – The Rick Stein Group
Would you like to take the first step in your career as a chef? If so and you share our passion for great food we’d love to hear from you.
The Rick Stein chef apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to learn and develop the skills you’ll need to become a chef. You don't need to have any previous kitchen experience as we'll give you all of the training and support that you'll need so this is a fantastic opportunity if you are looking to enter the kitchen for the first time.
Our next chef apprenticeship starts in September 2018 and once you have completed the apprenticeship, it’s our aim to be able to offer you a permanent role. With the help of a dedicated college tutor, you’ll be based in one of our professional kitchens in Cornwall and you’ll receive support to build your knowledge, skills and confidence through a structured professional cookery qualification.
If you love the thought of a career as a chef, working with experienced professionals and high quality local produce, we'd love to hear from you!
The reasons for you to join our team as an apprentice chef:
- You’ll take part in monthly practical cookery sessions with our best chefs
- You’ll receive a competitive starting rate of pay and a share of tips from customers
- You’ll have support from one of Cornwall's best colleges (Truro and Penwith)
- We’ll provide you with regular reviews, support and feedback
- You’ll receive a complimentary meal for two at one of our restaurants
- You’ll receive 20% discount in restaurants and shops
- You’ll be invited to team events with Rick Stein and Jill Stein
- You'll have access to our Employee Assistance Programme supported by Hospitality Action, our leading industry charity
What you’ll be doing as apprentice chef:
- Learning and developing new skills within the kitchen
- Developing food knowledge by taking part in tastings with the head chef
- Preparing food to the company’s high standards, learning about the responsibilities required to ensure that quality and consistency is achieved
- Looking after stock – security, rotation and stock levels
- Preparing for/attending practical learning sessions
- Keeping a diary to record development of knowledge and skills
- Demonstrating commitment to your apprenticeship programme
To register your interest in our chef apprenticeship press apply to submit your application. If you have any questions regarding our chef apprenticeship, feel free to call a member of our people team on .
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job