We are looking for a caring people to join the care team as an apprentice at one of our Care Homes for the elderly in the North East of England. We develop and support people who are looking to start a career in care of the elderly through the apprenticeship route. We are looking for someone who is committed to providing high quality, person centred care and making our care homes a 'home from home' for our residents.
Responsible to: Home Manager and Senior Care Assistants.
- Assisting other members of staff in the care of Clients including with washing, bathing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living.
- Learning to maintain client's dignity and comfort at all times.
- Assist clients who have limited mobility or other physical/mental impairments such as incontinence by making the best use of aids and personal equipment provided.
- Help to promote the mental and physical activity of Clients by talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as arts & crafts, reading, writing and singing etc
- Join in with all daily activities as instructed by the Manager and Senior Carers. Make activity times as enjoyable and inclusive as possible in order to stimulate the Clients.
- Observe care planning needs for Clients and learn from senior staff how to complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Complete all apprenticeship training courses including Level 2 or Level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care
- Training and support to complete apprenticeship
- Food and refreshments while on shift
- Uniform provided
- DBS check paid for
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and work colleagues
- Willingness to attend all training and complete apprenticeship over 12 months
- Satisfactory DBS Check and two references
- Experience of helping the elderly
Hours: The role is full time (at least 30 hours per week) covering all day shifts across the whole week. Day shifts are 7:30am to 2:30pm and 2:30pm to 9:30pm.
Location: Positions available at our homes in Sunderland, Gateshead, Morpeth and North Tyneside (please specify your preferred location in the application)
- Social Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'