Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Apprentice – Business and Administration
Income Services Team
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Customer Service Centre, Hindle House, Trinity Way, Adderbury, Oxfordshire, OX17 3DZ
Starting Salary Year 1: £9,090 per annum
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
Our award winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
In partnership with a market leading training provider - Lifetime Training – we are offering a 1 year Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. You will be provided with first rate training leading to an NVQ / QCF Level 2 nationally recognised qualification, while at the same time supporting the Income Services team to gain an insight into the systems and processes we use.
This exciting Apprentice opportunity will see you getting involved in and learning how to investigate and resolve a range of customer queries and complaints concerning finance and debt collection. This opportunity is situated right in the heart of our professional call centre environment and involves liaising with a range of internal teams to support the effective delivery of housing services.
The role of Apprentice will include:
- Learning vital office skills such as planning, organising, filing, processing and managing correspondence
- Learning how to provide outstanding customer service to support the delivery of a high quality housing support service, engaging with customers and supporting customers with rent account management
- Learning how to identify specific customer needs and reduce barriers to effectively communicate and improve performance, helping to increase customer satisfaction
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships across the team
- Maintaining accurate computer systems and records
- Assisting in the delivery of consistent service excellence
Skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Basic knowledge of MS packages (including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Great communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise workloads effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Commitment, determination and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable team player
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Health and well-being plans
- Discounted products and services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 20 August 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"