Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Apprentice – Business and Administration
1 year fixed term contract
Centurion House, 77 Northgate Street, Chester, CH1 2HQ
Starting salary year 1: £8,658 per annum
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
The Customer Services team focuses on customer service excellence and delivers a range of services for Housing, Income, Lettings, Homeownership and Commercial and Residential covering over 100,000 properties.
Our award winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
In partnership with a market leading training provider – Lifetime Training - we are offering a 1 year Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. You will be provided with first rate training leading to an NVQ / QCF Level 2 nationally recognised qualification, while at the same time supporting the Customer Services team to gain an insight into the systems and processes we use.
The role of Apprentice will include:
- Learning vital office skills such as planning, organising, filing, processing and managing correspondence
- Dealing with and resolving queries both over the phone and by email, ensuring a timely and friendly resolution
- Keeping customers updated on their queries
- Maintaining accurate computer systems and records
- Providing support to the Customer Services team as required
- Assisting in the delivery of consistent service excellence
Skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Basic knowledge of MS packages (including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Great communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Commitment, determination and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable team player
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 23 days paid holiday, rising to 28 days after 5 years service (pro rata). The full time equivalent for this role is 40 hours per week.
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 7 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job