Apprentice – Business and Administration
1 year fixed term contract
Starting salary year 1: £7,644 per annum – subject to April pay review
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs around 12,500 people and manages more than 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Our award winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
In partnership with our training provider - Worcestershire Group Training Association (WGTA) – Ofsted Grade 1 rated “Outstanding” - we are offering a 1 year Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. You will be provided with first rate training leading to an NVQ / QCF Level 2 nationally recognised qualification, while at the same time providing administrative support to the Community Investment team to gain an exciting insight into the rewarding work of the team.
You will be part of a small team who support charitable initiatives across the country, which in turn, make a difference to the lives thousands of people. There will be lots of opportunities for you to flex your skills from multi media and communication to relationship building and event coordination.
The role of Apprentice will include:
- Learning vital office skills such as planning, organising, filing, processing and managing correspondence.
- Providing administration and project support where you will get to see the rewarding outcomes of lots of community projects and initiatives
- Coordinating emails
- Telephone handling
- Travel bookings
- Processing feedback forms
- Working and actively engaging with lots of different team members to deliver on projects
- Learning and developing your knowledge of all business areas of Sanctuary Group
Skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Basic knowledge of MS packages (including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet)
- Flexible and adaptable team player with a can do attitude
- Organised – you should be competent in planning your time and help others to do the same
- Strong communication skills when talking to others via phone, face to face and by email
- Good attention to detail when data inputting and record keeping
- Take pride in your own work, making sure it is correct and responds accurately to the request
- Committed and enthusiastic with an adaptable approach
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career.
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 23 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job