Gemstone Building Surveyors are looking for an apprentice to join the business and progress within it. This is a flexible apprenticeship which adapts to your current level and is based on Business Administration which can then develop into other Building services areas such as surveying.
A usual day could involve, using the specialised software to input information about the clients and their jobs, sending quotations, filling in spreadsheets and contacting clients and architects by email and phone. The company will fund the training, starting with Business Admin level 2 or 3.
Once your initial course is completed, there will be a review before either continuing with the administration or progressing onto a different Building Services course such as Surveying, Party Wall Surveyor, Structural Calculation Engineer, RICS Surveyor, Home Buyer Surveyor, Asbestos Surveyor or an Energy Consultant.
This is a permanent long-term position with a forward-thinking company who is known for delivering a high-quality service. If you would like any further information, you can contact Heather Bobbins on or email .
As an Apprentice Building Services Administrator, your duties would include:
- General office administration duties.
- Inputting information into specialised computer software.
- Sending quotes, filling in spreadsheets and sending letters.
- Communicating with clients and colleagues by phone and email.
- Completing all course and apprenticeship work.
The Apprentice Building Services Administrator would need to have:
- Decent academic skills with a GCSE A to C in Maths, English and IT.
- Good general computer skills to use the software packages.
- Friendly, professional manner when communicating with people.
- The desire to progress within the business.
Apprentice Building Service Administrator
In return, you will receive a starting hourly rate of between £5.50 and £6.50 per hour, this could start higher if you already have higher qualifications and will rise as your skills develop. You will need to be able to get to Dersingham each day for a working day of 9 am to 5 pm. Gemstone will fund all your training and will start you at a level relevant to your current qualifications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job