Apprentice Broadcast Network Operator
Emley, West Yorkshire
Want to develop an exciting career in a growing industry? Looking to gain valuable skills and qualifications while you earn?
If so, this is an amazing opportunity to help deliver services for renowned businesses such as the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, as an Apprentice Broadcast Network Operator.
Our client is a leading UK communications infrastructure company enabling a vibrant digital economy. Their people are the behind-the-scenes heroes that make millions of vital connections possible.
They are an independent provider of telecom towers, with around 8,000 active licensed sites, and the only national provider of terrestrial television and radio broadcasting.
Now, our client is looking for two Apprentice Broadcast Network Operators to join them on a three year apprenticeship, starting September 2018.
- Salary of £16,000 per annum
- Develop your career with a modern and fast-paced business
- Ongoing support to keep you on top of your work and deadlines
- Gain valuable industry qualifications
Your apprenticeship will combine a formal education with on-the-job training supported by local mentors. Our client will provide you with all the support you need to gain your Level 4 Diploma or Foundation Degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering and a Level 4 Vocational Competence diploma.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you’ll have the opportunity to progress into roles within network operations, making this the ideal role in which to carve out a rewarding career.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn, grow and succeed with a pioneering leader in an always on, always connected world. Apply today to find out how far your ambition could take you.
As an Apprentice Broadcast Network Operator, you’ll play a key role in delivering the UK’s terrestrial radio and TV network.
During this apprenticeship, you’ll learn how to provide technical support to internal operations, engineering teams and external customers.
As part of your training programme, you’ll be required to travel and spend time away from home - all accommodation and travel will be arranged by our client.
Based from the Service Management Centre, you’ll learn how to:
- Use monitoring and control systems to configure and operate equipment, systems, networks and platforms
- Monitor networks through the Operation Support Systems (OSS)
- Remotely fix transmission network faults and assign those that can’t be resolved to the Field Scheduling Team
- Accurately log technical issues
- Communicate product and service maintenance schedules to internal and external stakeholders
To join our client as an Apprentice Broadcast Network Operator, you’ll need:
- At least two A-Levels (or equivalent), including, Maths, IT or Science, preferably Physics
- A minimum of five GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including Maths, English and IT or Science, preferably Physics
- To be self-motivated and eager to learn
- Great team-working skills
Ideally, you’ll have a full, valid driving licence, but this isn’t essential.
Other organisations may call this role Apprentice Broadcast Network Operator, Apprentice Broadcast Engineer, Trainee Telecoms Engineer, Apprentice Telecommunications Engineer or Broadcast Network Apprentice.
Please note, this is a full time role, working 37.5 hours per week. Our client provides a 24/7 service to customers, so you’ll be required to work shifts, including nights and weekends, on a rota basis.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to learn and grow as an Apprentice Broadcast Network Operator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job