Job Description For Vacancy No: 237967T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Derbyshire
Job Position: Applications Technician
Job Status: Permanent
the role: An opportunity to work in a team supporting development activity of engines when installed in our client's machines. The work will focus on Stage V installation's and will entail work at Divisional XP areas , Test sites. Some travel may be required to support climate trips etc.
* Apprenticed , ONC or equivalent level qualification in a relevant discipline
* Opportunity for further development exists
* Both an understanding and an interest in engines and machines
* Able to prepare & install engines in machines.
* Able to accurately modify engine components , using hand tools and welding equipment.
* Ability to operate test equipment and follow test procedures.
* Initiative to be able to "fault find" on instrumentation and engine installation's.
* PC literate in Excel , Word , previous usage of ATI , VISU would be an advantage.
* Maintaining engine / machine development fleet (Development level servicing and updating critical components).
* Setting up and carrying out specific engine / engine system tests.
* Installation and usage of test instrumentation.
* Working closely with Engine development and design teams as well as machine development engineering teams.
Basic Hours: 39 hours per week :
Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 17.00, finish at 13.00 on Fridays
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job