Purpose of Role
The Applications Support role is responsible for progressing and resolving user issues with the Company’s core applications. Responding to tickets raised via the company’s help-desk system, undertaking the investigation and applying/documenting the resolution. Responding to user requests for information by development, enhancement or deployment of business reports via the company’s reporting tools. The Company is currently implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV. For the duration of the project the Applications Support role will be the primary resource for users and project team members regarding any NAV related queries
- Primary technical resource for the Dynamics NAV project team;
- Shared responsibility with the ICT projects team for application delivery.
- Business reporting development
- Ownership and progression of assigned support tickets raised via the company help-desk by carrying out investigative activity and where a fix is available implementing this within agreed SLA’s.
- Ensuring that own / unallocated open tickets are regularly reviewed and any assigned to third party technology partners are progressed.
- Application support for the chosen platforms including;
- Dynamics NAV, Sage ERP 1000, Infor CRM
- EPOS tills & NAV/Sage 1000 integration
- Select HR
- Version 1 Product Suite (DbArchive, DbWebQ DbScanner, DbFax & DbMail)
- Maintaining user and application security permissions granting and revoking access rights as requested by line management.
- Maintaining the Active Directory user database, creating new users, associated mailboxes and distribution lists
- Maintenance and documentation of deployed assets via the help-desk application including updating asset tags where required
- Performing bulk data uploads and updates to ERP and CRM data utilising SQL Server Management Studio in response to data provided by line management
- Maintaining / Creating technical documentation ensuring configuration information & deployment processes are fully documented and accurate
- Possess very good functional experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Have a background supporting Dynamics NAV in a multi-site, multi-discipline environment (manufacturing, distribution & retail)
- Have a good knowledge of the following technologies / applications:
- Integrated EPOS
- Microsoft Windows (Server & Client)
- Microsoft Office
- SQL Server Management Studio and Relational Database concepts.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL server and the TSQL language
- Be familiar with report writing concepts and tools (SSRS and Jet Reports preferred)
Ideally the person should have:
- Previous experience with Dynamics NAV add-ons
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience creating and maintaining SQL stored procedures and functions
- Exposure or familiarity with Sage Line 500 / ERP 1000
- Experience with SQL Server Agent and SQL Server Integration Services
- Understanding of CRM applications and experience supporting CRM in a live environment
Remuneration and Benefits
Being offered is a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'