Applications Scientist - Fluid Dispensing Systems - West Sussex
As Applications Scientist, you will be responsible for pre-sales support, proof of principle testing, and user training on a range of low volume liquid dispensing and materials handling systems. In addition, you'll attend exhibitions and conduct customer workshops. It's expected that you will spend about 20% of your time on European travel.
Core responsibilities as Applications Scientist - Fluid Dispensing Systems - West Sussex:
- Work as the primary interface to existing and potential customers for application development support and proof of principle testing
- Design and carry out experiments to assess performance of new instrument designs
- Instruct customers in the basic operation and maintenance of the systems
- Assist in writing technical documents such as application notes and technical papers for publication and presentations
- Work as part of a cross-functional product development team including engineers, sales, and marketing to specify and develop new products
This innovative organisation develops technologies for the dispensing of low volumes of fluids and powders enabling companies to take products from research to product development through to manufacturing. Lateral flow and flow through devices for point of care diagnostics, Immunoblots for allergy testing, glucose biosensors for diabetic testing are some of the markets this organisation addresses. They offer cutting-edge products to their customers, and outstanding training, support, and development to their employees.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or biomedical engineering
- Previous experience with liquid handling/robotics systems would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of biosensor technology and microfluidics is desirable but it is not essential
- Proven background in cellular or immunoassays including assay development and validation is desirable but it is not essential
- Outstanding interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Highly organised with good attention to detail, able to prioritise work, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Independent with the ability to come up with ideas and execute plans to generate results
- A current driving licence valid in the UK
- Must be within commuting distance of the UK office, Chichester
- Competitive basic salary, depending on experience, with a bonus
- Benefits include: pension (5%), life assurance, 28 days holiday etc.
- Personal development plan with regular product and skills training
- Genuine opportunity for career development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"