Applications Officer Newcastle £30000 per Annum
£30000 per Annum
Aim of Role
This role will be working in the Applications Support team supporting, mostly externally supplied client-server applications.
This role will provide second and third line implementation, maintenance and application and interface support services to ensure the stable operation of the organisation's applications and all of the application interfaces which deliver the end-to-end business process.
Other role responsibilities are:
* Works closely with service desk team to resolve incidents within SLAs and undertakes problem management
* Proactively identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution
* Provides technical expertise to enable the correct application of operational procedures
* Contributes to the planning of maintenance and installation work and implements planned updates
* Plans application support activities
* Implements, configures, supports applications during the hours required by the Business ensuring application availability, performance, reliability, maintainability, serviceability and capacity are provided in line with agreed service level agreements:
* Provides 2nd and 3rd line application support resolving all incidents and requests in line with SLA's and under taking problem managing working closely with Service Management and Infrastructure Support
* Implements service continuity / disaster recovery, capacity management, configuration and asset management, data protection and IT security
* Ensures all applications adhere to security policies and appropriate escalation processes are in place for all applications
* Documents all applications and integration components for support purposes in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures and adheres to any applicable configuration management procedures
* Identifies key issues and risk elements and escalates promptly
* Supports the planning and delivers patches, maintenance releases and all major product enhancement releases to applications and integration components:
* Works with internal and external supplier relationships to ensure new fixes and maintenance releases are delivered in a timely fashion
* Introduces, promotes and encourages enterprise and innovation throughout the team, in looking for new answers and delivery of a fresh approach
* Applications running with an Oracle RDBMS
* Applications running with an SQL server database
* SQL / SQLPlus
* Understanding the architecture of client-server built applications.
* Development of Reports using Oracle Reports 10.
* Development of Unix Shell Scripts and using Unix commands.
* Database management tools like MS SQL Server Management Studio and Toad.
* Database and Microsoft Windows task scheduling
* Ability to develop practical solutions to user and system requirements.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills.
* Able to manage and prioritise tasks and work schedules.
* Positive customer service skills and friendly, flexible manner.
* Ability to advise, guide and communicate technical issues to non technical staff.
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Graduate level or equivalent with experience of the application of relevant tools in a multidisciplinary ICT organisation.
* Completed Higher Education in ICT related area.
* Foundation Certificate in ITIL Service Management
* Knowledge of Public sector
* Evidence of a successful track record in a support and development role.
* Evidence of involvement and positive contribution to ICT projects.
What You'll Get In Return.
In return, you'll get the opportunity to work in a fast and dynamic environment with some excellent benefits and a highly competitive rate.
Call To Action
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now. Please note that relevant experience is essential for this role.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. We also offer a referral bonus scheme of £500 in vouchers for either John Lewis or Virgin. Please ask me for more details.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Oracle RDBMS
- 3rd line application support
- SQL server database
- Microsoft Windows task scheduling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job