The Applications Engineer based In Derby would be working as part of a team been the primary technical point for customers.Working directly with the customer's engineers in parallel with the commercial sales team, you will translate customer specifications into a viable technical proposal and project budget for submission to our global customer base
The Applications Engineer based in Derby will be highly driven to succeed with natural gravitas to engage people by leading from the front, with a passion to achieve strong "right first time" mind-set and embed a continuous improvement culture throughout the business.
The main duties of the Application Engineer based in Derby;
- Preparation of a detailed Technical Description and supporting documentation describing the main system functions and performance
- Preparation of a preliminary project budget and timeline in co-ordination with Project Management and Procurement
- Preparation of a Technical Risk Assessment for the product and project
- Presentation of the technical concept at internal reviews
- Review, discussion and negotiation of the technical concept externally with customers
- Support other colleagues and internal departments to provide relevant technical information and expertise as required
The role is varied, fast-paced and challenging role, ideal for candidates with a background in project engineering or product design looking to take on additional challenges and responsibilities. The ideal candidate for the position will have:
- university educated to Bachelors level in a relevant discipline or with equivalent work experience in a Mechanical Engineering environment
- 3-5 years work experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in creating and analysing technical concepts
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, preferably Autodesk Inventor/Vault
- Knowledge in creating drawings and technical product description
- Self-motivated and communicative with a good technical understanding
- Well organized, highly motivated for the job and with an open attitude
Competitive salary, apply for more information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"