Salary: £27-£34k depending on experience (typical additional annual travel bonus £4k)
Our client seeks a graduate engineer with practical electrical & mechanical skills and good interpersonal skills to join a dedicated team who provide product support and applications advice to their existing and prospective customers.
The role of the Applications Engineer will include:
- Assessing requirements of both existing and potential customers, and providing support to resolve both technical and commercial issues.
- Commissioning, training and servicing of equipment at the customer’s site (often overseas).
- Supporting the test technician team to diagnose and resolve problems, both pre- and post-sale. (Remotely and at customer sites.) Devising and performing more complex tests on instruments, analysing results, producing reports and recommending/implementing design changes.
- Attending international conferences to promote their products
- Researching and developing new instrument applications
- Overseeing new system and spares sales including producing quotations.
- Potential for management of support engineers.
Requirements of the Applications Engineer will be:
- Ability to travel overseas (normally short-term visits ~ 1 week to mainland Europe, USA, Japan, China)
- Attention to detail and ability/willingness to write concise customer visit, conference and technical reports
- Good organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems backed up by practical experience (IC engine experience/ Aerosol science will be an advantage)
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities including patience and diplomacy
- Ability to present technical data to varied levels of seniority and technical understanding
- Proactive approach to technical support and marketing
- Willingness to develop deep understanding of emissions legislation to appreciate customer applications/test requirements
- Competent with MS Office applications
- Relevant engineering degree.
They offer 25 days holiday, a profit share scheme and a friendly working environment. Basic salary in the range £27-£34k depending on experience (typical additional annual travel bonus £4k). Benefits also include a workplace pension, death in service income protection insurance.
Must be eligible to work in the UK
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Applications Engineer role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job