Applications Engineer - Littlehampton
We are currently recruiting for an Applications Engineer with 5-10 years experience of product development, small component design and a basic knowledge of electrical engineering. You will need a engineering / science degree with > 5 years post qualification experience to join our busy team in Littlehampton, West Sussex.
The client is a global business with stability, security and great history.
Role responsibilities include:
- Design and development of Application Team new products/applications.
- Customer’s trial support, advice, supervision and management. Data analysis.
- Supporting the installation of products, occasionally travelling to visit sites in order to resolve technical issues, mainly in UK/Europe. This will be 10% of time
- Technical Support for all queries regarding product range from internal and external customers. Support normally provided via e-mail and telephone occasionally in person at customer’s site.
- To provide technical solutions and troubleshoot reported issues on all product range. Being able to write technical documentation and reports.
- Working in conjunction with the Research team investigating unexpected product issues developed in the field.
- Design and Development of bespoke applications in order to satisfy VOC (Voice of the Customer) requests.
- Supervising contractors on Applications projects. Write F.A.T. documentation and product test procedures.
- Attend customer meetings lone or supporting the sales force in order capture technical requirements for Application Team project or general NPD.
- Perform controlled experiments in house reproducing field conditions in order to replicate issues that the customers may be facing.
This role requires all of the following attributes:
- Relevant Degree level qualification (Science/Engineering) and substantial technical background.
- Can-do attitude and flexibility. Previous hands-on experience of electro-mechanical applications/environments is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Troubleshooting, Problem Solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Excellent written and spoken English.
- Comfortable to work with Computers. Proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc.)
- Able to promptly reply to business critical queries.
- Comfortable with off-site working in UK and overseas including vessels (typically commercial shipping).
- Accuracy and attention to details. Awareness of the varying level of client’s technical competency.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this full time role is circa £40,000
Benefits to include 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, pension at 6%, Bupa, Life Assurance, Bonus, Cycle to work, Gym Membership and more….
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job