Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are pleased to be working with a Sheffield engineering business as they look to recruit an Applications Engineer
Working with the Engineering Development Manager to review engineering projects that are being brought into the business and formulating plans for development and implementation where necessary. The applications engineer will be responsible for providing a safe, reliable and repeatable process in making the required finish machined components for the customer and producing the necessary supporting documentation for manufacture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop manufacturing processes within the organisation to increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Programming, setting and operating of modern CNC machines to produce finish machined component to a high standard.
- Produce clear and concise reports and documentation to support the work, including SOP's, work-to-instructions and Gantt Charts to communicate progress.
- Introduce modern manufacturing techniques and drive best practice process.
- To support the development of a modern continuous improvement and lean manufacturing culture across the organisation.
- To evaluate new incoming work and provide solutions for manufacture, including lead times and associated costs.
- Working with customers/suppliers to understand their needs and requirements to complete the tasks.
- HNC/HND or equivalent level an advantage.
- Experience of successful implementation of process improvement & innovation.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing practices including Value Stream Mapping processes, SPC and 5S.
- Experience of a variety of manufacturing techniques such as Turning, Milling, Wire Eroding, Honing etc…
- Experience in manufacturing process review, continuous improvement & change management.
- Experience with cross functional teams a distinct advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable and competent with machine controls such as Mazak Mazatrol, Fanuc, Okuma OSP etc.
- Familiar with CAD/CAM packages such as SolidWorks and Edgecam a distinct advantage.
- A desire for further Education and self-development within the role is essential.
- Contributory pension scheme (3.00%)
- Work wear provided
- Modern, clean working environment
Regular Day Shift 8am - 4pm
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job