An Applications Engineer opportunity has just become available, within a well-established Electronics business that supply to Tier 1 Automotive and Aerospace manufacturing businesses. Located within the Birmingham area, this company is offering a competitive salary package of up to £45,000 + package for the best, engineering professional.
Main Purpose of position -
To work closely with a small team, who will implement solutions to customer requirements, using core software -hardware products.
Applications Engineer Requirements include -
- Involvement of Project work, from quotation/requirements support, through to specifications, design and implementation to documentation > installation > commissioning > handover and support.
- Working on the development/deployment of assembly and test systems.
- Working with and testing electrical/electronic systems and components.
- Interfacing, using analogue and digital I/O, as well as communications such as CAN/LIN -TCP/IP - USB - RS232.
- Development will be completed with Windows PC and micro-controller systems, using a variety of scripting/process control languages.
Desirables for this Applications Engineer opportunity -
- Previous experience working for a business supplying to the Automotive and/or Industrial Electrics Sector.
- An understanding of mechanical/electronic/electrical control and vehicle systems.
- Experience working in a practical process control and automation environment.
- Basic control programming - VBA/IsaGraf/PLC Logic Control
- Be able to create/write specifications for new applications or modifications to existing applications
- The basics of programming, logic and process control
- Understanding of Schematic layouts, basic mechanical design.
- Natural problem solver, self-discipline, proactive and a quick thinker.
- Willing to work at client sites as/when required and visit customers
- Electronic/Control Systems based Degree / HND / Time served
Applications Engineer Position benefits -
- Competitive starting salary and bonus.
- Part of an ever expanding business.
- Pension and holiday package.
- Social working hours.
If interested in this position, please apply through this link immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job