• Working within the Applications team the Applications Engineer will be responsible for the writing, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of CNC Turning programmes and associated relevant processes within the company’s Machine Shops to achieve an efficient cost effective high standard of quality production.
• The role will involve the co-ordination, development and efficiency of team members to work productively and efficiently resolving any issues effectively to ensure the success of the team within the business unit.
• The Application Engineer in conjunction with the Head of Manufacturing is responsible for introducing and implementing manufacturing processes into the manufacturing cycle, ensuring they meet the requirements and providing support to other members of the Application Engineering Team.
Duties will include but no be limited to: -
• Introducing manufacturing improvements/efficiencies to reduce manufacturing costs.
• Organising, planning, commissioning and maintaining the company production line
• Working with existing processes to provide the Planning department with accurate details of manufacture
• Maintaining & improving existing operations incorporating new methods and processes
• Providing technical expertise, support, and development on new and existing product lines.
• Preparing manufacturing documentation and information required for product manufacture
• Identifying ways to reduce production costs
• Liaising with Engineering to foresee any potential or current manufacturing problems
• Liaising with Sales, Engineering and Purchasing to supply cost estimates for new designs
• Liaising with suppliers and customers
• Designing and procuring relevant machine tool fixtures
• Providing help and support the best working practices with tooling manufacturers
• Suppling and maintaining tooling requirements
• Providing a hands-on approach to operational issues
• Managing and co-ordinating the CNC engineering team to support all areas of manufacturing relating to machined components.
• Project managing of technical issues, new product introduction or existing product changes, pulling together external and internal resource when required, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budgets.
• Using and developing programme writing tools/software to provide the production machines with programmes to run the machines.
• Participating in cross functional teams
• Ensuring continued communication and good relationships with external and internal customers
• Performing any other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary or as requested
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Applications Engineer role encompasses the following non-role specific obligations for which the post holder shall actively ensure that their own activities and those of all employees within the Business Unit meet.
• Company standards and procedures related to expected conduct are detailed in the relevant codes, standards and manuals and the Applications Engineer is expected to be familiar with these codes, standards and manuals and how they relate to their area of control and the wider business ensuring they are implemented.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job