Job Title: Applications Engineer - Tooling
Rate: Up to £35 per hour (neg)
Contract Length: 6 Month Rolling
Relevant keywords relating to this position include; applications, tooling, service, processes, continuous improvement, lean
A manufacturer of automotive components supplying national and international OEM's is now recruiting for an Applications Engineer / Tooling Engineer / Service Engineer, to join their state-of-the-art production facility based in Warwickshire.
Reporting to the Tooling Manager, you will ensure that the application of cutting tools in machining operations is maintained and continuously improved upon, in terms of quality and cost. Another aspect of this role is to provide technical support to ensure tooling processes are defined and optimsed to increase efficiences; some of your main responsibilities are below:
- Compile and maintain processes and facilities to ensure they're in line with company standards
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including technical purchasing and external cutting tool suppliers
- Train, coach and support associates in the application of tools and tooling processes
- Keep abreast of new developments in tooling technologies
- Manage 3 cost centre budgets, maintaining the availability and reliability of tools ensuring the delivery of service 24/7
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Applications Engineer / Tooling Engineer / Service Engineer from the automotive industry, with knowledge of machining process such as CNC and Transfer Machines. The ability to understand engineering drawings is a must, as well as the ability to plan and control simple budgets.
If you would like the opportunity to enhance your CV by working for a respected, global automotive manufacturer, then ensure you apply to this advert, addressing your application to Neil Edwards (Encore Birmingham).
Ideal living locations for this role include; Warwickshire, Coventry, Birmingham, Tamworth, West Midlands, Sutton Coldfield, WalsallEncore Personnel is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- continuous improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job