Applications Developer - 6 month contract
A global services provider is currently seeking to hire an Applications Developer for an initial 6 month contract to be based out of their west London head-quarters.
The main remit of the role will be to perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. The successful candidate will also maintain and modify programmes and provide software development support to a number of concurrent in-flight projects.
- Development of new applications and maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects, logging the work by means of proper documentation
- Test and develop programming modifications - ensure software testing and quality assurance
- Work as part of a team to provide estimates for tasks and the development of new features
- Analyse performance of programmes and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Liaise with internal business users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance Implement localization or globalization of software
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the project
- Strong technical skills gained whilst working as a Senior Developer within a software development environment
- Experience of working across the full software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and enjoy working within a team environment.
- Experience working with geographically distributed project teams and external development partners.
- Experience of Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Experience of:
- MVC, Web API
- Applying design patterns such as Factory, Observer, etc
- SOLID Principles
- TDD using NUnit or similar
- Visual C# (at least version 4)
- XMLMS SQL
- T-SQL language.
- Entity Framework or other ORM and willingness to use EF.
Please send your CV to Michael Moretti for immediate consideration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job