Software Design, Technical Solutions, Pre-Sales Functions
Circa £65k + £4,200 Car Allowance
My client, a FTSE 250 company, require an Applications Architect to join their team. Coming from a technical development background you will would have reached a position in your career where you are looking to move away from pure hands on development and move into a more consultative / design role where you would work closely with the internal and external customer base translating ideas and requirements into technical solutions which are appropriately costed to an agreed schedule.
You will work closely with the development teams and act to provide technical support and direction to their multiple technical solutions which is where your strong development background will come in but you will also work closely with the pre-sales teams acting as the technical guru carrying through the delivery of 'won' contracts. You will ideally have some tender documentation knowledge for this part of the role.
This would suit a Technical BA, Solutions Architect, Software Consultant and the like. You will be strongly involved in the whole software development lifecycle and making decisions on application integration.
You will be responsible for:-
· Ensure the development and testing teams clearly understand the design and work towards a common goal in line with business architectural principles
· Liaise with test and operational teams to ensure the smooth migration of developed code from one environment to another
· Technically mentor the developers in suitable coding patterns, methodology and best practice
· Drive the selection, adoption and integration of appropriate tools and techniques
· Work closely to support the pre-sales teams in relation to tender documentation, bidding and completing 'won' contracts
· Interacting with both internal and external customers - understand they have requirements / deadlines to meet
· Maintaining a strong focus on delivery
Strong Solution Design skills
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services
- Coding background
- Pre-Sales, Tender, Bidding skills
- Excellent Customer Relationship Skills
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Web Services
- Technical Mentoring
- Software Development within and Agile environment
- Designing and implementing systems / software solutions that operate in a critical production / manufacturing environment
- Agile - (predominantly)
- Microsoft stack - .NET, C#, SQL Server, TSQL
- Enterprise Service Buses specifically MS BizTalk
Candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance to apply for this role.
If you would like a new challenge then please send your CV to or call .
- Web Services
- Solutions Design
- Solutions Architect
- Data Modelling
- Systems Design
- Systems Designer
- Software Consultant
- Technical BA
- Applications Architect
- Systems Consultant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job