Job Title: Applications Analyst Developer
Location: Poole, Dorset
Salary: £35,000 DOE
Hours: Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5pm Friday 8.30am - 4pm
We have an exciting opportunity for an Applications Analyst Developer to join a thriving IT team based in Poole.
Working within a busy IT team, this role will complement the existing team members, focusing on improving and the supporting of existing critical business systems.
The Applications Analyst Developer role will be involved in both project and support based tasks and is expected to be able to hit the ground running.
The candidate requires a drive to improve the systemisation of key business processes and implementation of new functionality to gain competitive advantages.
Main activities include:
- Providing 2nd - 3rd line Support for bespoke applications and integrations with third party applications.
- Adapting existing programs and troubleshooting any application support issues
- Working with third party software providers to implement upgrades to applications and resolve issues.
- Development & testing of new applications.
- Documenting in-house and customer integrations.
- Supporting multiple projects 'hands-on' through their entire project lifecycle's ensuring the delivery of cost-effective and valued-added IT solutions to the business and its customers. (Must be flexible and happy to carry out all project-related activities as require).
- Analysing data to validate integration systems are functioning correctly and diagnosing any issues as well as implementing improvements.
- Ensuring users get the maximum benefit from IT and business software
Required background and knowledge:
- Innovative, enthusiastic and personable.
- At least 5 years' commercial I.T. experience of implementing business applications and delivering change
- Planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and work to strict deadlines.
- Presents, documents, and discusses solutions in a knowledgeable, credible and convincing manner to all levels of seniority, externally and internally.
- Experience with WMS and ERP systems
- Full UK driving licence
- Show ability to adapt to different programming languages and challenging situations.
Required Technical skills:
- Strong MS SQL Server skills - including T-SQL, Integration Packages (with C#), Reporting Services
- Progress & PostgreSQL Databases
- Demonstrable knowledge of ERP, WMS and E-commerce systems.
- Microsoft Office, including vba development skills.
- Windows Server
- Application deployment procedures
- Experience with Filemaker Pro
- Knowledge of Python Django web framework.
- Sage 200 experience
- On Site Parking
- Friendly informal working environment
- 23 Days holiday per annum - after 5 years' service holiday increases to 28 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme after probation period, 2% and 2%, senior scheme for managers which increases with age (you have to manage 2 members of staff to get the managers scheme)
- Death in service benefit
- PerkBox - online discount scheme for cinema / restaurants shopping / mobile phone insurance / lots of things
- Our client also runs a salary sacrifice scheme for childcare vouchers
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job