Reports To: Collections and Underwriting Manager
Main Purpose of the Role: Reviewing new customer’s applications received and ensuring all the details are 100% correct prior to funding
Main Duties and Responsibilities for Underwriting
- To be responsible for the manual processing of first time customer applications. The process includes confirming the customer’s personal details and carrying out affordability assessments and ensuring the customer fully understands our product.
- Offering a friendly and helpful point of contact and ensuring all our customers are treated fairly
- Listening to customer queries to ensure the best outcome is achieved for customer, whilst providing excellent customer service
- Achieving daily and monthly individual targets, which will help the growth of the department and company
- Follow the company’s responsible lending policy and ensure a responsible lending decision is made
- To answer a high number of incoming calls and make outbound calls to customers. Communication may be required by email also.
This is a summary of the role and the employee is expected to undertake additional ad-hoc duties as and when necessary to fulfil the needs of the business.
Person Specification /Skills/Education and Attributes:
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths
- Familiar with the financial services marketplace or regulated environment- desirable
- Confident telephone manner - Experience in telephone work is desirable
- Excellent communication at all levels
- A personable approach
- Good listening skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Ability to manage own work load and meet strict deadlines
- Work as an effective team member - be co-operative, support others
- Excellent customer service - ability to provide solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, good negotiation skills
- A knowledge of computers and office software
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"