Application Support Technician
£28,000 + excellent benefits
My client, one of the leading providers of E-learning are looking to recruit an experienced Application Support Technician to join their York office. You will be responsible for IT support - 1st to 3rd line with some occasional 4th line support tasks, including maintenance of our clients online web services. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a LAMP stack environment and possess a sound technical background to support our clients online IT service portfolio.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Minimum 3 years experience delivering user focussed application support, ideally online / web based applications/services, and at all stages of the service lifecycle
· Minimum 3 years experience troubleshooting and problem solving online / web based IT applications
· Minimum 2 years experience of software testing, writing and running test plans
· Sound technical understanding of online system architectures and technologies
· Ideally experience in one or more common "online" languages (PHP, Python, etc), knowledge of data encoding formats (JSON, XML, etc) and familiarity with common data exchange methods.
· Clear understanding of database technologies including the ability to write SQL statements to extract data from multi-table data sources.
· Experience and understanding of HTML standards including authoring of HTML and CSS
· Knowledge and experience writing content in one or more common CMS platforms - ideally Drupal or Wordpress
· Use your sound technical background and subject matter expertise to help diagnose problems or capture opportunities for improvement raised by a variety of different user groups; to propose and specify possible solutions to these changes
· Write documentation and delivering training to support internal and external users and processes.
· Provide root cause analysis on reoccurring support issues and propose solutions to prevent future reoccurrences
· Work with the IT Coordinator to capture new requirements and improve existing services
· Create and manage release packages to deliver those requirements and keep stakeholders informed on progress
· Develop test plans and implement testing of system changes
· Ensure changes and releases are managed effectively to minimize disruption to users and services
· Management, escalation and resolution of support tickets (1st - 3rd line) related to the suite of services
In return my client offers a competitive salary, 30 days holiday, excellent pension and company benefits. If you are looking for a challenge and rewarding opportunity please email interested CVs and I will contact you to discuss in more detail
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job