Application/Software Team Leader - Wakefield
Location - Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary - circa £42,000 plus benefits depending on skills/experience
Fruition IT is working in conjunction with a UK leading organisation and my client is seeking an Applications/Software Team Leader to lead and provide technical leadership to a dynamic applications support team whom deal with on-premise and cloud technologies.
- Mentor and lead the application services team, helping the engineers to improve skills and manage tasks efficiently
- Investigate and understand complex technical issues to project managers, and senior stakeholders in an easy to understand manner, and recommend clearly thought out solutions
- Improve documentation and provide support for the application services team
- Take part in workshops helping to drive out requirements
- Take an active role in defining and shaping operational service transition requirements working with project and programme teams delivering azure based ERP services
- Actively test and clearly document implementations, so others can easily understand the requirements, implementation, and test conditions for each critical and functional application in use throughout the business
- Ideally an IT professional with a application support background who is now moved into a team leading role
- Skilled in providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching
- Any line management experience would be advantageous
- Experience of support any of the following technologies - .NET Applications, Azure/AWS, MS Dynamics, SQL Server
- Solid understanding of ITIL Service Management Framework.
- Strong stakeholder engagement
- Excellent communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that is investing in new technologies such as cloud and investing heavily in improving their entire IT infrastructure.