Application Support Specialist
A technical Application support specialist is needed by a Tier 1 bank in London to help defining and driving the application support and service management global strategy. This is a mid-senior role with good progression available.
Key accountabilities of role:
- To ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries
- Technical Support and Maintenance of the Business Service and Applications
- Being recognised as the 'go to’ person for incidents and ad-hoc.
- Ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications / services is maintained
- Responsibility for the technical solution to incidents, reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors to limit downtime and resolve the issue.
- Prioritization of individual Incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Operational Level Agreements
- Out of hours cover and support, providing expertise and specialized system knowledge
- Train, develop and mentor colleagues to ensure full development of their potential
Personal and technical skills:
- Highly effective communicator
- Proven liaison skills in dealing with clients and customers at all levels including difficult and demanding stakeholders
- Able to quickly absorb and assimilate large amounts of technical information and data
- Can identify potential risks and benefits of emerging technologies
- Self-starter and ability to operate independently
- Detailed Knowledge of products/functions
- Support for multi-tier applications, Web Services, FAT applications and windows server applications
- Good knowledge of IBM Websphere Application Server, and/or JBoss, and/or Windows IIS server management
- Experienced with SQL queries, preferably Oracle and DB2
- Good knowledge of Java application support
- Knowledge of J2EE will be an advantage
- Large-scale blue-chip organisations preferred
For more information about the role and client, please apply and we will be in touch!
- Application Support
- Incident Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job