Do you want to work for a "Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for"?
Established in 1991 Pico soon became a leader in the field of PC Oscilloscopes and data loggers. Based out of our head office, our marketing department are responsible for all external and internal business content as well as our exhibitions around the world.
Due to continuous growth plans Pico Technology are looking to recruit an Application Support Engineer to join our Application Technical Support team. Our Application Support department are responsible for providing external support to customers of Pico Technology with both software and hardware support. The Application / Product Support Engineer will be the first point of contact for customers so it is essential that they assist customers in a professional manner.
We aim to provide our Application / Product Support with the best equipment possible to do their job including multiple monitors, customisable workstation, as well as the option for keyboards and a mouse to suit their needs so that they can provide the best support to customers. Away from the desk we also like to provide our System Administrator / Support Engineer the best amenities possible to work in a relaxed environment. These include bean to cup coffee machines, a fully fitted kitchen stocked with fresh fruit, pool table, foosball table, an arcade machine and a table tennis table. We also have a relaxing garden with benches for al fresco dining.
The main responsibilities of the Application / Product Support Engineer’s role will include:
- Provide after-sales technical support to existing customers and distributors using telephone, email and forum for Pico's oscilloscope and data logger products. Technical questions may involve analogue electronics, software installation and configuration, advising customers about test and measurement practices.
- Assist customers in selecting the correct product for their application.
- Record and investigate software and hardware bugs reported by customers.
- Assist customers when they require more comprehensive assistance with writing their own code using the Pico SDK, also assisting with the creation and support of the SDK.
- Assist development and marketing with the testing and evaluation of new products and software features.
- Attend exhibitions, and present distributor training and customer demonstrations as required.
- A small amount of UK and global travel may be required to fulfil certain duties.
These are just a few of the responsibilities of the role of Application / Product Support Engineer, we feel that to handle these responsibilities we would be looking for a Application / Product Support Engineer with skills in the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential
- Experience in a combination of C/C#, .NET languages, MATLAB and LabVIEW
- Front-line support / customer service experience desirable
- Previous experience in electronics and using test equipment an advantage
- It would be an advantage to have a broad understanding of oscilloscopes, data loggers or other electronic measuring instruments
In return alongside the enjoyable working environment we also offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company Pension
- Profit Related Pay Bonus
- Excellent career development and training
- 4 x Death in Service
- On site hairdressing, cycle to work scheme as well as an active social calendar which has previously included quad biking, haunted house tours, punting and much more!
If you feel that this is the type of company you would like to work for and have the relevant experience to be our next of Application / Product Support Engineer do not hesitate to apply for immediate consideration.
- Product Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'