RP Analytics are working alongside a fast-growing dynamic software solutions business to recruit a Application Support Engineer. Our client provides cutting edge case management solutions to the UK and US markets mainly within the criminal justice sector.
We are looking for a dynamic, customer focused Application Support Engineer to support their customer base and product suite. You will perform a critical role in ensuring stability, continuity and availability of the applications, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries.
My client has an ambitious vision and strategy for developing products and growing revenue streams over the next few years and you could be apart of it.
- Provide first line and second line technical support to customers for in-house built suite of Java web applications and related services.
- Provide root cause analysis as required for internal and external customer issues.
- Interacting with internal teams, external third party vendors and customers to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
- Assisting with the installation, control, configuration and maintenance of the applications and databases.
- To take ownership of technical problems, performing diagnosis and fix the issue either remotely or on-site.
- Working to established SLAs whilst providing regular feedback to customers.
- Day to Day monitoring of our services
- Developing and maintaining documentation for specific service support services.
- Proven experience supporting applications using an OO Programming language, preferably Java.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an application support environment
- Technical Knowledge of UNIX, Windows and Web Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss or similar)
- Proven experience working with databases and writing SQL queries
- Excellent communicator, problem solver and eagerness to learn.
Security Clearance is required for this role.
To qualify you must have full working rights and have been a resident in the UK for the last 5 years.
- Application Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job