Job Title: Application Support Engineer
Job Opening: April 2018
Location of Role: Milton Keynes
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
The bespoke technology platforms are designed, developed and maintained by a dedicated in-house team. Working as part of the IT Support team, the Application Support Engineer is an integral part of our mission to continually develop and improve on what is already a market leading suite of applications.
Primarily responsible for the support escalation process, the successful candidate will work closely with the Software Engineer and System Administration teams to prioritise, diagnose and subsequently resolve technical issues identified within the applications.
In addition, the application support engineer will be heavily involved with general system maintenance tasks such as performance tuning and bug fixing to ensure our applications continue to offer the best possible solutions to our customers.
The successful candidate will be hard working, engaging and out-going, with a proven ability to build relationships with a wide range of people, and will play an instrumental role in delivering our solution across a range of customers.
- To quickly obtain knowledge of core Applications
- Act as an effective escalation point for support tickets
- Diagnose and resolving application defects
- Assist the Software Engineering team with application performance tuning
- Ensure all documentation of code and SQL is up to date, to maintain good development practices
- Participate in daily Agile SCRUM
- Participate in Peer and Code Reviews
- Willingness to provide out of hours support
- Continue to stay up to date with the latest technological developments
- Degree educated, second class honours or above
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in developer or application support role
- Preferably some team leadership experience but no essential
- Must possess all of the technical skills listed below:
o Microsoft Visual Studio
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Microsoft C#
o Microsoft .Net 4.0 or above
- A clear communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong focus on targets and objectives
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Strong problem solving and organisation skills
- Proactive attitude to work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job