Application Support Engineer
Location: Preston Park, BrightonPurpose:
Crunch is one of the UK’s fastest growing accountancy practices. We are an award winning, top 75 UK accountancy practice for small businesses with close on 10,000 clients. Based in Brighton next to Preston Park, Crunch is an innovative, market leader in online accountancy practice.
As our Application Support Engineer you will be responsible for providing essential application support for the Crunch Applications. You will primarily liaise with the Engineering Team to ensure the Crunch applications are continuously improving , you will enhance their functionality and alleviate issues.
- Provide solutions to common problems within the Crunch applications, apply and monitor fixes.
- Support with the investigation of more complex issues, troubleshoot and escalate them to the Engineering team when necessary.
- Deliver comprehensive bug reports and test cases to developers.
- Interact with suppliers and other third parties integrated with the Crunch application(s).
- Safely interact with Crunch production systems and databases.
- Maintain lines of communication with different stakeholders.
- Assist members of the Crunch team with their report requirements.
- Some cover may need to be provided out of normal working hours, such as evenings and weekends.
Role Specific Skills and Experience:
- Previous 1-2 year’s experience as an entry level software developer, ideally Java.
- SQL proficiency is desirable.
- A basic understanding of Accountancy as a business function and our additional products within the financial services landscape. Awareness of the features of a 'Fintech’ business.
- Advanced IT skills and experience using any CRM software such as Salesforce.
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local food/coffee establishments and a discounted rail card. Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
No agencies please! Only direct applications will be accepted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job