Application Support Engineer - Aviation Software Vendor
Application Support Consultant
The Role - With International software vendor with leading applications for the airline/aviation sector - based in Banbury in Oxfordshire.
As part of their continuing expansion programme, they have created an exciting opportunity for an Application Support Consultant to work in their Oxfordshire based office.
You will be responsible for supporting users of web and client/server based applications used in the aviation industry. This involves diagnosing application issues, managing hosted environments, and analysing data within a SQL database to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Alongside your existing experience of working in an Application Support role, you will be working closely with colleagues in support, development and training to develop an in-depth comprehensive knowledge of the client’s application software.
Some travel to their worldwide customer base will be required, so if you are a graduate with a genuine interest in aviation and helping customers get the most from their products, then this is the role for you.
- Two years’ experience in an Application Support role
- Good understanding of SQL server data analysis
- Strong business and customer-facing skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with customers at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced customer support environment
- Understanding of SaaS web/application transactional systems
- Proactive 'Can-Do’ approach
- Systematic and disciplined problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify and diagnose issues quickly to apply fixes or workarounds, minimising business impact.
- Proactively contribute knowledge and expertise to colleagues & customers.
- Ability to learn quickly and desire to develop knowledge
Qualifications for the position:
- 2 years’ post qualifying experience in an application support environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/14 or extensive knowledge of T-SQL
- Experience of Remote Access methods (VPN, RDP, Cisco, Citrix)
- Aviation/Logistics/Production experience an advantage
- Knowledge of IIS an advantage
- Our work environment is friendly and flexible, we offer attractive pay and working conditions as well as an inspiring atmosphere. You will be a member of a global team in which you can gain in-depth knowledge of the aviation industry.
How to Apply
They are a great company to work for, so if you feel that you can offer the right skills and experience, we would very much like to hear from you. Please send us your latest CV with your salary expectations and current notice period
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'