An exciting opportunity for an Application Support / Developer to join a dynamic and growing city based insurance business and be responsible for a combination of managing and developing core critical bespoke applications and ensuring that the business users are fully supported.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Taking requirements from change team/analysts and business users and structuring solutions in bespoke applications to deliver required business outcomes. For example screen changes, work flow configuration and document changes embedded within out core applications
- Application support, software installation, upgrades, dealing with user issues, vendors and applying data fixes, running scripts as required
- Working with core vendors to write detailed technical documentation of key broking applications
- Working alongside key development resource to ensure full support model is in place for key broking applications
- Updating, repairing and modifying/adapting software code to improve technical and user performance of our bespoke broking application.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Experienced software developer with experience of C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET (Webforms) and /SQL Server/Oracle
- Understanding/experience of Insurance operations
- A knowledge of Salesforce administration would be useful but is not essential
- Demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines and management of teams to deliver desired business outcomes
- Ability to assist with the planning and provide support for the management/project teams
- Commercial Awareness: Understanding the business that they are in and being aware of importance of systems to driving revenue generation
- Driving Business Performance: Continually striving to improve the performance of the business at all levels showing resilience and tenacity to overcome obstacles to improvement