Job Title: Application Support Assistant
Location: Milton Keynes
This role exists to provide support for the Contract Logistics Business (in terms of helpdesk issue resolution) of the application in terms of the environments and the testing and delivery of software and functionality.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide support of all K+N Applications within Contract Logistics (or other divisions as directed by management), Ciel-FW/FD, Business Objects, EDI, PCIP (+MetaPack), IOPM, KN Login etc. being an integral part of the team that provides 2nd level support ensuring all Helpdesk SLA's are met for internal and external customers.
- Support the release management of applications including writing of test scripts; completing tests, recording issues and following them through to resolution and be accountable so that no issues exist when promoted to Go Live.
- Support the annual Disaster Recovery for all environments; writing of test scripts; completing tests, recording issues and following them through to resolution so that no issues occur after the DR testing.
- Support of application and "Product" based projects; reviewing and configuration of existing and new functionality. Documenting this functionality and presenting/training this to other members of the team for use on their projects as directed by management.
- Support of the Change Control Process (including continuous improvements); brainstorming, designing solutions or planning changes with other team members. Follow changes through to resolution; ensuring that the best solution and changes are implemented with no negative impact to the operation.
- Act as part of the communication channel between the Corporate team and business to organize downtimes, ensuring minimal impact to the business and that all parties are in agreement
- Ensure User Manuals and QRG's, training documentation is up to date, ensuring these adhere to Corporate Standard at all times
- Production of Departmental KPI's and statistics based around the applications and support of the applications. This will include monthly and yearly KPI's that will be used to measure the success of the team.
Your skills and experience
- Ideally have experience and knowledge of the Ciel FW/FD application.
- Ideally have Ciel-FW/FD Application or Project experience for a minimum of 2 years; also experience in dealing with issues based upon Business /and / or Operations would be beneficial.
- Ideally have an understanding of Helpdesk functions and escalation processes.
- Fostering the Collaboration and Teamwork approach by encouraging the development of self and other team members. Strong communication skills within the team and across the business. Promote an open communication and feedback culture amongst team members.
- Drive Business and Solutions by completing assigned tasks according to the business rules and processes ensuring deadlines are met. Recognise and make suggestions for continuous improvements in own area of responsibility and look for opportunities to improve performance within own area. Have the ability to make logical decisions and be aware of the implications of own actions.
- Takes a proactive approach in developing self. Recognises own strengths and has an awareness of areas for development. Able to accept and provide constructive as well as positive feedback.
With more than 74,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>
- transport logistics
- applications support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job