Application Support Analyst
Bread Ltd is a business that has a number of manufacturing arms (The Bread Factory, Maison du Pain, Bread Roll Company) and also retail arms (Flour Station and Gails).
The Bread Factory (TBF) is a UK food-manufacturing business based in Hendon, London. We are an artisan bakers who produce bread, cakes & pastries daily servicing 2,000 orders & deliveries a day, 365 days a week. There are over 750 staff who work in Hendon providing production (baking), warehousing, packing and distribution as well as the usual support teams of planning, purchasing, engineering, IT, HR & Finance. IT is a Group function but is based at the TBF site in Hendon.
The IT team has 2 sides to it:
* Infrastructure and Support - an IT Manager looks after the infrastructure for the Bread group and has a team of 4 (IT Support Manager and 3 analysts)
* ERP - (Enterprise Resource Planning) an ERP Manager with a Project Manager and an Application Analyst providing support for the ERP.
The IT team is evolving from a purely Infrastructure & Support team to be a more rounded team working with the business on plans, projects and providing advice on applications and information needs. IT is also taking on responsibility for other existing applications that exist within the business.
We have completed a project to implement the sales order processing and invoicing part of an ERP. The ERP implemented is Tropos from Epicor which is a food-manufacturing based solution integrated with CODA from Unit 4 for the financials. We are now planning phase 2 of the ERP which is more supply chain focused. In-scope areas of supply chain are planning, purchasing, warehousing and possibly production. The accounts-payable element of Finance will be implemented with purchasing and there is also an expected implementation of the general ledger / management accounts.
As we implement projects that introduce more technology to the business which ultimately drive more support workload and reporting/information needs. The ERP has been implemented with a focus on the order to cash processes and interfaces from this to other systems.
Provide application support, development & maintenance.
Working with the existing application analyst, help resolve support issues, build SQL reports, implement changes for enhancements or support projects.
This is a business facing technology role and will involve business analysis activity to understand the business processes to help design technology and solutions and information needs. It will involve responsibility for application development and support. There will also be some project management of small-medium tasks/activities.
* Implementing enhancements in a controlled way to support business needs, working with the business to confirm requirements and ensure solutions are tested prior to release into production
* Resolving support issues that come up relating to the ERP application or other applications that they support
* Developing new SQL reports to support the business
* Representing IT in project meetings where new technologies are being proposed/implemented
* Experience of application analyst role
* Experience of working with Supply Chain/Operations teams is desirable
* Degree level education is desirable.
* Experience of implementing ERP solutions in manufacturing business is desirable
* Experience of food-manufacturing is desirable.
* Experience of Tropos ERP or CODA is not expected.
* Communication skills - able to work with the business and IT teams
* Technical skills - knowledge of technology is expected, SQL reporting and database understanding is useful though training can be provided
* IT methods - knowledge of development practices, project practices are useful
* Ability to build relationships and work in matrix organisation
Attributes and behaviours
* Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with others
* Shares ideas and information
* Willing to take the lead or provide support where required
* Self starter - willing to get on with tasks without needing to be tightly managed
Successful candidates have come from working in the following positions:
Application Analyst / Application Support Administrator / Application Administrator / IT / Graduate / Intern
This role is commutable from Central London / North London / North West London / West London / South London / South East London / East London / North East London.
If you are interested in the Application Analyst position, please apply.
- Application Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'