Application Support Analyst- Kings Lynn- Competitive
A large dynamic training centre is looking for an application support analyst to help with an ongoing project.
As an experienced Support Analyst you will be expected to provide 2nd line support to all of the clients systems whilst also helping support the design, develop and deployment of the application systems.
• Maintain service levels for operational support and overall system availability in specialist areas.
• Maintain security of ICT systems and data to ensure continued business operation and compliance.
• Provide 2nd level application support within a comprehensive ITIL framework, managing progress escalations using appropriate service management tools.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve the support and provision of all Information Systems.
• Provide technical guidance to all ICT system users and to IS Management.
• Identifies and co-ordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures to resolve complex technical issues.
• Provide test function to support the ‘release’ of new ICT systems and Infrastructure.
• Monitor and manage key application systems and processes including Backups, availability and capacity and system administration.
• Administration of staff changes on all live business systems, often involving complex security models.
• Escalation of issues to third party suppliers of systems, and management of the issues to successful resolutions.
• Assessing the impact of, and undertaking system and configuration changes, adhering to the department’s change request process.
• Production of work instructions, support documentation, knowledge base articles, and training materials.
• Delivery of changes to live environments, as required.
• Training on business applications, where this function is not performed by the business.
• Participate in business continuity tests, build and restore systems as required.
Knowledge & Skills required;
• Educated to A level or equivalent in a ICT related discipline or with significant alternative experience.
• Microsoft or equivalent qualifications desirable
• Technical experience in supporting applications, system administration.
• Understanding of ITIL processes
• Ability to lead the resolution of difficult or complex technical and operational problems, and to provide clear guidance to management, staff and users.
• Experience in defining IT policies and procedures including security information relating to systems, information management and standard operating practices.
• Experience in administering SQL Server databases.
• Experience in writing complex SQL queries and scripts.
• Understanding of web administration and web technologies
• Understanding of Windows server tasks
• Awareness or experience in underpinning technologies, including Citrix, Active Directory, scripting, Crystal reports.
• Strong analytical skills
• Clear confident, persuasive communicator.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'